Catherine Turnbull Editorial Services offers bespoke content, editing, public relations and journalism support to anyone who needs outstanding and effective written content.
I work with businesses, charities, professional organisations, the public sector, authors, national and regional newspapers, magazine publishers and digital platforms. I help them achieve their goals and communicate key messages through clear and compelling content.
A qualified journalist and award-winning editor, I have worked on national and regional newspapers and magazines and for public relations agencies.
I am a pen for hire with experience in a wide range of industries; a specialist in providing tailored and cost-effective content, editing services, media relations and journalism.
My approach is to meet or speak for a free initial consultation to understand your needs and aims, who you want to reach and what you want them to know, and draw up a plan.
I offer and have experience in the services below:
Content and writing
- Website copy including pages, posts, blogs, news, features, articles
- News and features for multiple platforms
- Press releases
- Case studies
- Social media campaigns
- Brochures, marketing materials, booklets, letters, exhibition copy, signage
- Award submissions
- Business features
- Internal newsletters/e-newsletters
- External newsletters/e-newsletters
- Ghost writing opinion, thought leader articles, blogs, books
- Business profiles
This can range from a quick proof read and polish of your content with a fresh pair of eagle eyes to a fuller edit to check for spelling, grammar, tone, consistency, facts and possibly a rewrite.
- Identifying stories that are of interest to the media
- Writing press releases, briefings and pitches
- Talking with journalists
- Organising press promotion around marketing initiatives
- Hosting journalists at events and tours
- Helping you build effective relationships with the media
- Arranging media interviews and photocalls
- Responding to media inquiries
Over the years I have worked in every job in the newsroom, from leading editorial teams as an editor, designing and sub editing pages (on national and regional titles), running news and features desks and interviewing and reporting. Writing is in my blood and I am trained to spot opportunities and stories.
I am hired as a journalist by industries outside the media too and can provide services such as:
- Covering conferences and events to write news reports, features and analysis
- Investigating and researching industry news for website updates, news feeds and to keep you informed
- Interviewing for profiles, case studies, features, newsletters and introductions
- Editing, writing for and sub editing supplements, magazines and newspapers
I partner with professional photographers who offer striking business and news images and event coverage.