Inaugural YM Golf Open a real Smash
by Geoff Shepherd
On Tuesday 13th September 2001, sponsored by Boutique Media Communications, seventy intrepid Yorkshire Mafia members braved the winds and the rain to make our inaugural golf day a real smash.
Hats off to Oulton Hall for playing great hosts to the golfers who came out for a day of fun, brilliant networking and a very serious golf competition in aid of Forget Me Not Trust.
Lee Evans of Vital Technology scooped the individual trophy and was crowned the first ever Yorkshire Mafia Open Winner…
- Longest Drive – Craig Megretton, guest of Simon Bollon of Boutique MC
- Nearest The Pin – Ben Brown, guest of Nik Entwhistle of Turn Key
- 1st Individual – Lee Evans of Vital Technologies
- 1st Team – Kevin Graham – Jersey Telecom
- Gary Bury
- Nick Dixon
- Paul Bullock
Many thanks to our event sponsors:
- Boutique MC – Lead Sponsor (Longest Drive, Individual winner & 16th tee)
- Vital Technologies (18th tee)
- Performance Engineered solutions (PES) Ltd (18th tee)
- JM Glendinning (Putting Green, reception area and bridge)
- Garbutt & Elliott (10th tee)
Snack buggies and a raffle raised over £500 for Forget Me Not Children’s Hospice
It was a really good day and we certainly enjoyed ourselves despite the indifferent weather.
Greg Lambert, Group Sales Manager at Ben Johnson
Yes thanks had a great day and met some interesting people. The weather didn’t dampen our day and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Julian P. Vollans, General Manager at Noberne Group
The day was great – my golf was like a spaghetti western – the good, the bad and the ugly! But still very enjoyable despite the wind and rain – some good contact made as well so thank you.
Dave Riches, MAD Publications Ltd